Health and Safety Self-Evaluation Program for Ontario Businesses
The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires all companies to prepare and review, at least annually, a written occupational health and safety policy, and develop and maintain a program to implement the policy.
Also, many larger employers now require contractors to have their health and safety programs verified by a competent third party within six (6) months of starting work at their operations. The Workplace Safety North (WSN) Small Company Health and Safety Program is a voluntary program that provides participating firms with all the essentials for setting up and implementing an effective health and safety program.
The Small Company Health and Safety Program (SCHSP) provides all the essentials for setting up and implementing an effective health and safety program; then, through a self-evaluation process, firms continuously monitor and improve their health and safety programs and procedures.
- Benefits of Small Company Health and Safety Program (SCHSP)
- How does SCHSP work?
- SCHSP– General workplaces
- SCHSP– Logging workplaces
Benefits of Small Company Health and Safety Program (SCHSP)
- Helps you develop and maintain a solid workplace health and safety program.
- Peace of mind knowing your organization is diligent in ensuring the health and safety of all staff, contractors, clients, and visitors.
- Before awarding contracts, many companies require suppliers and contractors to have a workplace health and safety program in place.
- Provides you with guidance material, including a free downloadable manual.
- Health and safety professionals can provide coaching and guidance.
- An excellent resource leads you through the typical policies you legally need to have in place.
How does the SCHS Program work?
The Small Company Health and Safety Program provides specific health and safety standards to guide participants in their efforts to eliminate injuries and illnesses in their workplaces. These standards were developed in close consultation with industry representatives. Once you create an account and download the relevant manual, work with your health and safety association consultant-trainer to develop and maintain a solid workplace health and safety program applicable to your specific small business.
SCHS Program participants enjoy greater peace of mind knowing they are diligent about ensuring the health and safety of everyone who enters their workplace, including staff, customers, visitors, and contractors. Participants can also promote their program to clients and staff and, in particular, for contract work, which often requires proof of a valid workplace health and safety program.
SCHSP – General workplaces
Register to receive a free download of Small Company Health and Safety Program Manual (General Workplaces)
SCHSP – Logging workplaces
Register to receive a free download of Small Company Health and Safety Program Manual (Logging Workplaces)