WSN invites proposals for papers to be presented at annual conference April 5 to 7, 2016, in Sudbury, Ontario
About the Call for Papers
WSN is seeking presentations for its annual mining health and safety conference technical sessions, which will be presented on Thursday, April 7, 2016.
Papers should be no more than 30 minutes in length, on the subject of key mining hazards, as noted in the final report of the Mining Health, Safety and Prevention Review:
- Ground control including the risks associated with seismicity and rockbursts
- Occupational disease focusing particularly on exposure to airborne hazards
- Water management, particularly problematic water in ore and waste passages
- Mobile equipment and the risk of collisions
- Worker fatigue
- General occupational health and safety research developments
- Mine rescue
- Company best practices or safety programs related to these hazards are also always welcome.
If you’re interested in presenting a paper at the annual WSN Mining Health and Safety conference, please complete the ‘Call for Papers’ form by January 18, 2017. Successful candidates will be contacted in February 2017 with presentation date, time and location.
For more information about the call for papers, please contact Micheline Souter at 705-474-7233 ext. 241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit mining health and safety conference webpage for more information and updates on speakers, accommodations, and more. See also: Photo Recap: 2015 Mining health and safety conference.