IncludeMe interactive app fast, effective training for small business owners and managers
Mental Health Awareness Workshops information sheet - please download, print and share
IncludeMe is a free interactive app that makes it fast and simple for business owners and supervisors to learn more about mental health in the workplace, and how to engage and accommodate employees experiencing mental health challenges.
“This application is engaging and helpful in overcoming stigma,” says Brett Webb, Culture and Organizational Development Specialist, at Workplace Safety North. “As a specialist in positive psychology and occupational health and safety culture, I helped review material and provide feedback. After more than a year of development, the result is good. It’s an excellent tool for small businesses, or really anyone wanting to learn more about the best way to include people with mental health concerns at work – or anywhere,” adds Webb.
Overview of IncludeMe app
- IncludeMe gives you strategies when facing challenges and builds your confidence in addressing situations.
- Game play exposes you to three workplace mental health scenarios where you problem-solve in order to progress.
- After completing all the scenarios, you earn the IncludeMe Badge and get access to practical resources for your organization like the Manager’s Guide
- Science behind the app is based on Iris the Dragon’s narrative formula – a formula that has been empirically validated by the Mental Health Commission of Canada for its effectiveness in changing attitudes towards those with mental health issues.
- Completing the training helps employers mitigate risk and demonstrate due diligence and employee care by getting everyone on board with psychological safety in the workplace.
Queen’s University is studying the app and participants are encouraged to take the advanced survey when registering to contribute to the study. Results will be shared in 2019.
IncludeMe training is aligned with the National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace — a voluntary standard focused on promoting employees’ psychological health and preventing psychological harm due to workplace factors. It has also been reviewed by the Canadian Mental Health Association and is fully funded by the Government of Canada.
Download to your preferred device and train in under 30 minutes
Bilingual app available for all devices
IncludeMe Web-Desktop (Windows/Mac PCs):
IncludeMe Google Play (Android devices):
IncludeMe App Store (Apple iOS devices):
IncludeMe was developed by Iris the Dragon, a Canadian social enterprise specializing in mental health education for schools, the workplace, and communities.
9 free resources to improve mental health - Canadian Occupational Safety magazine
A Practical Toolkit to Help Employers Build an Inclusive Workforce – Mental Health Commission of Canada
Psychological health and safety in the workplace – Canadian Standards Association