Updated: Webinar proceedings are now available as a download. To view a copy of 'Prevention and Mitigation of Dust Explosion Hazards in the Wood Processing Industry', click here.
In partnership with Chilworth Technology, WSN will be presenting a free webinar on how to prevent dust explosions in wood processing industries. The webinar will take place on September 21st from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EST.
Prevention and Mitigation of Dust Explosion Hazards in the Wood Processing Industries
Dust explosions are an ongoing hazard in wood processing operations of all kinds including pellet plants, fiberboard plants, wood waste processing plants, sawmills and other processes.
This webinar will overview the techniques available for both preventing dust explosions and protecting people and facilities from their effects.
Attendees will learn:
1. How to analyze various conditions under which dust explosions can occur in the wood processing industries
2. Comparing techniques to prevent dust explosions
3. Application of suitable measures for protection of people and facilities from the effects of an explosion
4. The role of Codes and Standards in evaluating risks
5. How to choose methods to estimate dust hazard properties
Presenter: David E. Kaelin, Sr., B.S.Ch.E., Process Safety Specialist at Chilworth, has over 25 years’ experience in the specialty chemical manufacturing industry and 15 years specializing as a Process Safety Engineer leading process hazard analysis, risk assessments and facility siting reviews. He has also participated in the design and construction of numerous chemical processing facilities and provided support and training in all areas of PSM. He is an active member of AIChE and NFPA. For more information about Chilworth Technology, visit www.chilworth.com.
To login to the webinar:
Click the link below (15 minutes prior to the start time):
Select the “Enter as a Guest” option
Name: Your First and Last Name
Click on the “Enter Room” button.
To call into the teleconference:
Instructions for joining the conference call are as follows:
1. At 10:15 a.m. EST on Friday, September 21, 2012, dial the following telephone number:
1-866-613-5223 (toll free)
2. Enter the following Pass-Code when prompted: 9 3 5 3 9 6 9
3. You will be prompted to record your name.
4. You will then be placed on music hold to await the Moderator to join in.
5. To reach a Customer Service Representative Dial 1-866-226-5566.
*Please do not put your call on hold during the conference call, it disrupts the meeting.