The Ministry of Labour's Prevention Office will be conducting consultations regarding the new Working at Heights Training Standard.
• An employer of workers who work at heights?
• A worker who works at heights?
• Someone who is interested in becoming an approved training provider to deliver an approved working at heights training program?
The Ministry of Labour is launching consultations on the implementation of new workplace training standards to improve safety for workers who work at heights. A 45-day consultation will be held from March 10 to April 24, 2014.
The consultation will focus on:
• a proposed standard for providers of working-at-heights training programs
• proposed regulatory amendments to make working-at-heights training program and provider standards mandatory, initially for the construction sector and other workplaces with construction activity
• how to make the training program and training provider standards mandatory in other sectors
If approved, the regulatory proposal would make it mandatory for construction workers who work at heights to take approved working at heights training programs with approved training providers.
You are invited to provide your comments on the proposed Working at Heights Training Provider Standards and regulatory proposal.