In-person activity suspended until further notice
The health and safety of staff, clients, and stakeholders is our top priority. Workplace Safety North and Ontario Mine Rescue are open for business, but in order to help flatten the curve of COVID-19 infection, we have implemented the following changes to business activity, effective immediately:
- WSN locations are closed – including both Sudbury office and North Bay headquarters – and all staff are working from home until further notice.
- All in-person commitments are postponed, including meetings, on-site and public training, and consulting work. Online training is available.
- Sudbury Mining and Thunder Bay Health and Safety Conferences have been cancelled. Timmins Health and Safety Conference is still scheduled for September 16.
- WSN Feed Your Brain Lunch and Learn Sessions will be held online.
- Mine Rescue District and Provincial Competitions have been postponed until further notice.
- Mine Rescue Officers will continue to have access to Mine Rescue Stations to ensure WSN maintains legislative requirements to remain emergency-ready.
All project work and consulting activities currently underway that can be done virtually will continue as planned. Please reach out to your local health and safety specialist, mine rescue officer, or email customer care with any specific inquiries.
WSN and OMR are committed to honouring client commitments. We will work with you to reschedule your training session. Should you be impacted by Certification expiration, we are communicating with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development about extending the expiration period given the situation. If you're affected by Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification expiration, please click this link for an extension/exemption document.
Workplace Safety North and Ontario Mine Rescue are available to serve you virtually, and will continue to monitor the pandemic situation and make additional decisions as necessary. Please check back for news updates at workplacesafetynorth.ca.
Thank you for your understanding in helping control the spread of infection. WSN urges everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials to keep our workplaces and communities safe and healthy.
Agency links for latest updates
Is your business prepared?
Free downloads, information, and resources
Pandemic Action Plan for Businesses for medium- and large-size business - Workplace Safety North
COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness Toolkit for Ontario Businesses for small business - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public including: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 - updated regularly - World Health Organization
Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers - Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 - Occupational Safety and Health Administration (U.S.)
Business Continuity Plan and Tools - Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
What does the coronavirus mean for your business? - Business Development Bank of Canada
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Resources for Canadian businesses - Government of Canada