Vale - Sudbury Operation’s, Creighton Mine No. 3 Shaft, Sudbury District
June 7 to 10, 2022
Blocks of rooms are reserved and confirmations will be sent to registrants by May 31, 2022
Reservations must be received by May 24, 2022 - All Blocks will be released back to the hotel by May 27, 2022.
Ontario Mine Rescue will be reserving for your room at the Holiday Inn, 1696 Regent Street, Sudbury
For more information, please contact Penny Pagan at 705.665.1380
Please read the following and it will also require a Credit Card to arrange:
Please be aware of the below Judge Requirements and discuss with OMR and your Manager before arrival:
- The request to a Mine Operator for Industry Judges is a request for the in-kind donation of the time and direct costs associated with their employee assisting at the 2022 Ontario Mine Rescue Provincial Competition.
- Transportation will be provided by Ontario Mine Rescue to and from site; Personal vehicles are not permitted on the Vale Site Property.
- The judge’s employer is asked to cover the cost of travel, meals and accommodations for the trip to Sudbury.
- Travel should be booked directly by the Judge/employer as soon as possible – no later than May 23, 2022
- Hotel has been pre-reserved, you will be contacted by Ontario Mine Rescue to notify you of which hotel Judges will be assigned to. Judges are not permitted to stay in the same hotel as teams. WSN will coordinate all hotel bookings and forward confirmation numbers. A credit card is mandatory to book the hotel room(s).
- Meals provided are as follows, all other meals are to be coordinated by the Judge themselves:
- Tuesday June 7th – Lunch
- Wednesday June 8th – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Thursday June 9th – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Friday June 10th – Lunch, Dinner
- If any judge has concerns regarding personal compensation or the tracking of their time during their trip to Sudbury, please discuss these concerns with the employer/manager in advance of arrival. OMR can provide any additional information or context as required for discussion at any time.
- Judges may be assigned to any judging base or floor setup logistics crew as required by the Chief Judge. Each judge will be a member of a team of judges reporting to the Mine Rescue Officer in charge of that particular judging base.
- Mandatory judges meeting and problem setup is Tuesday June 7th, 07:00-16:00
- Following the completion of the Judges Meeting, judges are not permitted to communicate with competing teams or technicians at any time.
- Please be aware, during the Team/Tech competition scenario days (Wednesday June 8th & Thursday June 9th ), Judges will be asked to work a shift of 06:00-18:00 (or some variation depending on their judging base). ***In previous years due to unforeseen delays, Judges have been stuck at the mine site for longer than this assigned shift, however every effort is made to stop this from occurring and maintain the schedule.
- Should any delays cause a competition team to be bumped from Thursday to compete on Friday morning, Judges will be asked to return to the mine to complete the last team. Should no unforeseen delays cause any team to move to Friday, on the morning of Friday June 10th Judges are invited to join the teams for the Mutual Aid Skills Challenge, as well as the Awards Banquet later that evening.
- Departure from Sudbury would be Saturday June 11th