ONTARIO MINE RESCUE COMPETITION
(Please Note: Judges have been hand selected; this is not open to the Public)
Newmont Goldcorp's Red Lake Mines in Balmertown, Red Lake District
June 4-7, 2019
Blocks of rooms are reserved in two locations and confirmations will be sent to registrants by May 24, 2019.
Reservations must be received by May 22, 2019 - All Blocks will be released back to the hotel by May 24, 2019
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THERE ARE NO VACANT HOTEL ROOMS AVAILABLE IN RED LAKE AT THIS TIME
Please be aware of the below Judge Requirements and discuss with OMR and your Manager before arrival:
- The request to a Mine Operator for Industry Judges is a request for the in-kind donation of the time and direct costs associated with their employee assisting at the 2019 Ontario Mine Rescue Provincial Competition.
- The judge’s employer is asked to cover the cost of travel, meals and accommodations for the trip to Red Lake
- Travel should be booked directly by the Judge/employer as soon as possible – no later than May 22.
- Hotel has been pre-reserved, you will be contacted by Ontario Mine Rescue to notify you of which hotel Judges will be assigned to. Judges are not permitted to stay in the same hotel as teams. WSN will coordinate all hotel bookings and forward confirmation numbers. A credit card is mandatory to book the hotel room(s).
- Meals provided are as follows, all other meals are to be coordinated by the Judge themselves:
- Tuesday June 4th – Lunch
- Wednesday June 5th – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Thursday June 6th – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Friday June 7th – Lunch, Dinner
- If any judge has concerns regarding personal compensation or the tracking of their time during their trip to Red Lake, please discuss these concerns with the employer/manager in advance of arrival. OMR can provide any additional information or context as required for discussion at any time.
- Judges may be assigned to any judging base or floor setup logistics crew as required by the Chief Judge. Each judge will be a member of a team of judges reporting to the Mine Rescue Officer in charge of that particular judging base.
- Mandatory judges meeting and problem setup is Tuesday June 4th, 07:00-16:00
- Following the completion of the Judges Meeting, judges are not permitted to communicate with competing teams or technicians at any time.
- Please be aware, during the Team/Tech competition scenario days (Wednesday June 5th & Thursday June 6th ), Judges will be asked to work a shift of 06:00-18:00 (or some variation depending on their judging base). ***In previous years due to unforeseen delays, Judges have been stuck at the mine site for longer than this assigned shift, however every effort is made to stop this from occurring and maintain the schedule.
- Should any delays cause a competition team to be bumped from Thursday to compete on Friday morning, Judges will be asked to return to the mine to complete the last team. Should no unforeseen delays cause any team to move to Friday, on the morning of Friday June 7th Judges are invited to join the teams for the Mutual Aid Skills Challenge, as well as the Awards Banquet later that evening.
- Departure from Red Lake would be Saturday June 8th