Lockout and Guarding
In November 2020, a group of subject matter experts from the pulp and paper industry met virtually to take a deep dive into the root causes and controls for the top industry risk they had identified: inadequate or improper lockout of machinery.
- Jerry Traer, WSN Program-Training Specialist
- Tom Welton, WSN Director, Prevention Services and Education Programs
- Top health and safety risks for pulp and paper workers
- Top 10 root causes of deficient lockout of machines
- Short-term and long-term control activities to prevent deficient lockout of machines
- Communicating risk and prevention in the sector