Hazards Associated with Diesel Exhaust Emissions - Training resource manual and PowerPoint presentation for all industries
Because of the seriousness and widespread nature of worker exposure to diesel exhaust in Ontario, Workplace Safety North is making these resources available free to employers, training providers, supervisors, and workers, to help them better understand the nature of the diesel-exhaust hazards, and to assess and control those hazards.
The resource is designed to enable users to:
- Understand the composition of diesel and reasons it is dangerous
- Discuss the debilitating effects (short-term and long-term) of diesel exhaust inhalation
- Identify sources of diesel in various industries
- Read and recognize legislation applicable to diesel-powered equipment use
- Apply the RACE principle to curb the negative effects associated with diesel exhaust emissions