Industry experts analyze causes of inadequate and improper lockout
On Wednesday, May 5, 2021, Workplace Safety North (WSN) hosted a free webinar, "Deficient lockout of machines top health and safety risk in Ontario pulp and paper industry."
In November 2020, as part of the new risk-based approach to improving Ontario health and safety, a group of subject matter experts from the pulp and paper industry met virtually to take a deep dive into the root causes and controls for the top industry risk they had identified: inadequate or improper lockout of machinery.
- Jerry Traer, WSN Program-Training Specialist
- Tom Welton, WSN Director, Prevention Services and Education Programs
- Top health and safety risks for pulp and paper workers
- Top 10 root causes of deficient lockout of machines
- Short-term and long-term control activities to prevent deficient lockout of machines
- Communicating risk and prevention in the sector
Webinar: Deficient lockout of machines top health and safety risk in Ontario pulp and paper industry https://youtu.be/aS9adE62Zj4
Training, services and resources
Effective machine guarding – half-day instructor-led course (classroom) English French