Developed in partnership with the mining industry technical advisory committee, this reference document is intended as a resource to assist Ontario mining operations in developing awareness regarding the complex mixture of diesel exhaust created during diesel fuel combustion.
- Who can be exposed to diesel exhaust and particulates
- Health effects: short-term and long-term
- Standards in place to protect miners and other workers from diesel exposures
- Controlling diesel exhaust and particulate exposure
- Example of control strategies applied by operating mines: Barrick Hemlo and Musselwhite Mine
- Additional resource material