By the end of this course, participants will be able to identify and assess the hazards associated with the use of machinery in their workplace and recommend controls to reduce that risk. Major machine hazards covered in the course include:
- In-running nip hazards
- exposure to moving parts and hazardous motion if equipment is not properly locked and blocked during maintenance
- repairing improper or non-existent guarding and lockout of machines and equipment.
By the end of the course, participants will also be able to:
- Describe the hazards associated with the use of workplace machinery and how injury can occur
- Identify the relevant legislation, standards and guidelines that apply to workplace machinery
- Point out the workplace parties responsible for creating and maintaining effective machine guards, as well as operating and maintenance procedures
The course is intended for workers and operators who use equipment or machinery that needs guarding. Supervisors, JHSC members, health and safety representatives and employers will also benefit.
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.