The purpose of this session is to gain a deeper understanding of why mental health matters. Through taking this course, you will also learn about the different opportunities that can be taken to positively impact mental health in the workplace.
By participating in this awareness session, you will learn:
- understand why mental health matters at work
- definitions for mental health, mental illness, and mental harm
- to recognize the signs and symptoms of negatively-affected well-being through the Mental Health Continuum
- about stigma, and its impact on workplace culture and perceptions of mental health
- how to implement a personal action plan for optimal mental wellness, using the Mental Health Continuum as a guide
- about tools, resources, and other support systems that can be implemented in the workplace for psychological health and safety
Workers, supervisors, employer representatives, joint health and safety committee members/health and safety representatives.
Material(s) included with this course: