This classroom training course is designed to provide mobile machine operators and mechanics working in forestry operations with the knowledge they need to consistently follow safe operating procedures and avoid the hazards they commonly encounter while carrying out repairs and maintenance both in the garage and in the field.
The course stresses the importance of the following key areas:
- Using personal protective equipment that's appropriate for the work being done
- Organizing and planning the work to minimize or eliminate hazards, especially energy hazards
- Using and maintaining tools and equipment, and understanding the hazards associated with their use
- Dealing with ergonomic problems such as awkward postures, cramped spaces, mounting and dismounting from equipment, and over-exertion
- Understanding and protecting against any hazardous materials that might be handled or used
- Being aware of the specific hazards associated with each of the two environments where repairs and maintenance are done
The course material is intended for machine operators and mechanics, as well as woodlands supervisors and owner/operators who conduct much of their own day-to-day maintenance and repairs.
Material(s) included with this course:
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.