Delivery Method: This course is delivered as an online e-learning course, designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your convenience. You will need a computer (desktop or laptop) and access to the internet.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are a potential risk for all sectors and occupations. They can cause discomfort, fatigue, pain, injury, and illness to workers. In fact, work-related musculoskeletal injuries are the most frequent type of lost-time injury and are the largest source of lost-time worker compensation costs in Canada.
- What are work-related MSDs
- The three stages of musculoskeletal injuries
- Risk factors
- Common causes
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Know the main characteristics of work-related MSDs
- Learn common causes of MSDs
- Get practical tips about lifting and other manual material work
- Understand the importance of developing a prevention program
- Average time to complete this course is about 20 minutes.
All workers, including managers, supervisors and health and safety committee members and anyone wanting to learn more about musculoskeletal disorders