This half-day course reviews the hazards of driving company, personal or recreational vehicles on forest roads. It covers the unique physical nature of these roads, how to travel safely on them, and how to prepare a vehicle and driver for travelling on them. The course material describes defensive driving techniques for driving on forest roads in all seasons as well as general safety principles on these roads.
The material is delivered in a classroom format with a PowerPoint presentation and video segments. There are opportunities for group discussion and question and answer sessions. The course material is divided into five modules and covers the following topics:
- Characteristics and types of logging roads
- Duties and rights of workers
- Types of vehicles travelling on logging roads and legislation
- Safe, defensive, and seasonal driving practices
- Components of a circle check
- Radio communication system
The course reviews the safety considerations an operator must consider when operating:
- Load haul truck
- Passenger-carrying vehicle
- Service truck or personal vehicle
- Snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle (ATV).
This course is intended for operators of haul trucks that use forest roads, drivers of company and personal vehicles, operators of vehicles that carry passengers, and those who use logging roads for recreational purposes, such as operators of snowmobiles and ATVs.
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.