Delivery Method: This course is delivered as an online e-learning course, designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your convenience. You will need a computer (desktop or laptop) and access to the internet.
This course reviews the hazards of driving company, personal or recreational vehicles on forest roads. It covers the unique physical nature of these roads, how to drive safely on them, and how to prepare a vehicle and driver for travelling on them. The course describes defensive driving techniques for driving on forest roads in all seasons as well as general safety principles on these roads.
The course material is divided into modules and covers the following topics:
- Characteristics and types of logging roads
- Duties and rights of workers
- Types of vehicles travelling on logging roads and legislation
- Safe, defensive, and seasonal driving practices
- Components of a circle check
- Radio communication system.
The course reviews the safety considerations an operator must consider when operating:
- Load haul truck
- Passenger-carrying vehicle
- Service truck or personal vehicle
- Snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle (ATV).
This course is intended for operators of haul trucks that use forest roads, drivers of company and personal vehicles, and operators of vehicles that carry passengers.