The instructor-led format is a proven, effective way of delivering training. Unfortunately, it is also the most misused form of training. One of the goals of this course is to examine the ingredients that go into making a good trainer.
The course is intended to provide participants with all the necessary tools to deliver training. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain why it is important to communicate learning objectives to trainees
- Recognize the characteristics of effective and ineffective trainers
- Describe the six basic steps to proper preparation
- Explain what is different about adult learners
- Identify common barriers to communication
- Use different question-and-answer techniques to facilitate learning
- Handle difficult situations using a variety of adult learning techniques
- Use visual aids effectively
- Confirm that learning has occurred using a variety of evaluation techniques
The course includes a workshop segment in which each participant practises his or her training delivery technique in front of the group and receives feedback and advice from the instructor.
The course is intended for occupational health and safety trainers, and those who would like to become occupational health and safety providers.
Currently there are no sessions scheduled for this course. Please contact one of our Customer Care Representatives or call 1-888-730-7821 to inquire about future course openings or to be placed on a wait list for this course.