Please note: Depending on the class size, this course may extend beyond the normal course hours. Price may be higher if lunch is included.
Link to: Refresher Training
Working at Heights safety training: This one-day course provides a comprehensive overview of legislated requirements, hazards and hazard controls related to working at heights. The course has been designed to be in compliance with the Ministry of Labour’s Working at Heights Program Standard. WSN is an approved MOL training provider.
By the end of the training, participants will have knowledge and skills that will help them avoid or prevent falls from heights. Among the topics covered in the course are:
- factors that affect the risk, likelihood and potential severity of incidents involving falls from heights
- warning methods, such as signage, bump lines and barriers, used to identify fall hazards to workers to prevent falls from heights
- proper use, positioning and maintenance of portable ladders and similar equipment
- different types of work position systems that may be available to safely perform a variety of tasks at height, including scaffolds and powered elevating work platforms
- different types of personal fall protection systems, including their limitations, appropriate uses, components, and set-up
- hands-on experience setting up, wearing and using personal fall protection equipment.
While Working at Heights safety training is an excellent start, site-specific training is also required. Employers must train workers on workplace-specific hazards and equipment.
Please be advised that for workers on construction projects covered by the Regulations for Construction Projects, Working at Heights training is valid for three years from the date of completion. In addition, workers are required to complete site-specific falls prevention training that meets the requirements of section 26.2 of O.Reg 213/91 (Construction Projects). For workers covered by all other regulations, including Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Working at Heights training frequency is determined by the employer; WSN recommends refresher training at least every three years.
Related: Working at Heights Refresher Training