Non-logging chainsaw trainers provide training for workers pursuing work outside of the logging industry, such as a construction site, lumberyard, or any workplace using chainsaws.
Trainer qualifications include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in chainsaw operation
- Successful completion of the Introduction to Professional Chainsaw Operation (IPCO) training;
- Successful completion of IPCO Train-the-Trainer Program;
- Successful completion of a Generic Train the Trainer Program (or equivalent).
Non-logging chainsaw trainers receive refresher training and updated training material from WSN during regular refresher training sessions which are provided every three years.
All non-logging chainsaw trainers maintain a high standard of program competency and utilize the most current training program material for all training.
Non-logging trainers offer chainsaw training to meet non-logging employers unique chainsaw needs, based on WSN training material that includes all four modules of the Introduction to Professional Chainsaw Operation (IPCO) training program:
- Module 1: Chainsaw Sharpening and Maintenance
- Module 2: Safe Chainsaw Handling
- Module 3: Felling and Limbing
- Module 4: Field Practice
Non-logging Chainsaw Trainers
134 Elm Street
South Hampton, ON N0H 2L0
142 Cundles Road East
Barrie, ON L4M 2Z9
150703 Glencolin Line RR 4
Aylmer, ON N5H 2R3
Sir Sanford Fleming College
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B1
6144 Seventh Line
Belwood, ON N0B 1J0